Our Business Plan
The Greater Darlington Chamber of Commerce Strategic Plan will focus on the following:
- Implement a revised mission statement to better represent and grow our organization
- Remain community-minded, remembering that our community health is our best gauge of success
- Continue to deliver signature community-favorite events
- Promote and grow membership in Lamar and Society Hill
- Upgrade Chamber resources, including technology, bookkeeping software, member information, and infographic material
- Bring businesses to our community and Chamber
- Add value to our current membership
- Continue to promote and offer marketing opportunities to our members
The Greater Darlington Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit organization which serves to foster economic vitality and quality of life in Darlington, Lamar, and Society Hill.
The new and improved Greater Chamber of Commerce is a valuable resource for businesses, individuals, municipalities, throughout the greater Darlington County.
The Greater Darlington Chamber of Commerce plays an active role in preserving and improving the quality of life of all citizens who reside in Darlington, Lamar, and Society Hill.
The Greater Darlington Chamber of Commerce encompasses Darlington, Lamar, and Society Hill. While all three municipalities are included under our umbrella, we are determined to better represent and serve Lamar and Society Hill. By visiting each town, community and business leaders, and council meetings more throughout the coming year, we hope to have membership from these towns up by at least 50%.
In addition to growth into the county, we plan to encourage business growth in our community. As businesses become established and join the Chamber, both our community and Chamber grow. Events such as Open House Darlington will aid in this endeavor.
It is important to add value to membership as often as possible. To add value to our Chamber membership, the Chamber upgrade and growth into all areas of Darlington County will be essential. We also plan to offer more accessible information and services, such as an online membership list and event calendar/registration.
As always, our community events offer sponsorship and vending opportunities perfect for marketing and promotion of our current members.